Welcome to Julie Heppe Greeting Cards

Thanks for taking interest in following a story of a long time dream and passion of mine. You will see this dream come to life and grow. I hope this will inspire you to do whatever it is that you have been dreaming about, and make things happen!

Monday, May 24, 2010

New York Was Great! Now in Houston.

     New York City was fabulous!!  We learned more in those 4 days at the Stationery Show, than all the time spent in the past researching the industry.  I plan on going back next year.  We walked into the Javits Center and were amazed at how HUGE the market was!!  There is no possible way that one could see every vendor there in one day, it's just impossible.  Our booth was towards the back corner, (assuming this because we registered to attend 6 weeks prior to the show.)  Next year, we plan on being in a spot that would be more prominent.  We generated some wonderful leads that I hope to turn into a long business relationship for the future.  One thing is for sure, we have our work cut out for us in the months to come!  But as I mentioned earlier, I work best under pressure.
     While in New York, we got to visit Times Square, China Town, Central Park, and NYPD museum.  We were given a private tour of the museum.  The museum was touching.  We saw what appeared to be a chunk of steel, but upon close examination, you could see a gun inside the steel.  The gun was on one of the police officers that worked the Twin Towers 911 attack.  It put into perspective why more bodies weren't found.  They had a lot of artifacts from ground zero.  On a lighter note, Wed. night, we were in the audience of the David Letterman Show.  That was so much fun!  I bet we walked about 5 miles a day.  The atmosphere was wonderful, food was delicious, and everyone that we came in contact with was extremely friendly.  The only complaint is that it was very difficult to find a Taxi at the Javits Center at 6:00 p.m., and transportation will magically make your money disappear! 
     We returned from New York on the 20th, then the 21st, I left for Dallas to photograph my nieces wedding.  I am currently in Houston at MD Anderson for my check up.  I'm planning on all of my scans to come back great, and should be returning to work this Thursday.  I'm looking forward to being back to work photographing high school seniors, children and animals, and also getting in touch with our potential new clients for our Greeting Card division of our business. 
     I will be in town working hard for a few weeks, then it is off to Destin, Florida to photograph a wedding.  Please continue to follow my blog for updates on our journey.  Thanks for your interest!  Have a Great Day!!

Julie 

No comments: